Euro is one of the valuable and most tradable currencies in the world. EU is the official user of the Euro currency. The circulation of banknotes and coins is highest in the world, has surpassed the U.S.dollar as of 2018, with over €1.2 trillion. Euro is the second most held international reserve currency after U.S.dollar with €850 billion as of 2008. It is the official currency of 19 out of 27 countries of EU and 4 other territories in Europe.
European Union (EU) Countries use ‘Euro’:
|No#||Country||Present Currency||Previous Currency|
|2||Belgium||Euro (€)||Belgian franc|
|3||Cyprus||Euro (€)||Cypriot pound|
|4||Estonia||Euro (€)||Estonian kroon|
|5||Finland||Euro (€)||Finnish markka|
|6||France||Euro (€)||French franc|
|7||Germany||Euro (€)||Deutsche Mark|
|8||Greece||Euro (€)||Greek drachma|
|10||Italy||Euro (€)||Italian lira|
|11||Latvia||Euro (€)||Latvian lats|
|12||Lithuania||Euro (€)||Lithuanian litas|
|13||Luxembourg||Euro (€)||Luxembourgish franc|
|14||Malta||Euro (€)||Maltese lira|
|15||Netherlands||Euro (€)||Dutch guilder|
|16||Portugal||Euro (€)||Portuguese escudo|
|17||Slovakia||Euro (€)||Slovak koruna|
|18||Slovenia||Euro (€)||Slovenian tolar|
|19||Spain||Euro (€)||Spanish peseta|
|Other European Countries use 'Euro'|
|20||Andorra||Euro (€)||None official|
|21||Monaco||Euro (€)||Monegasque franc|
|22||San Marino||Euro (€)||Sammarinese lira|
|23||Vatican City||Euro (€)||Vatican lira|
- “€” is the symbol of Euro Currency and EUR is the ISO 4217 Code.
- The 23 European Countries using ‘Euro’, the place is popularly known as “Eurozone”.
- Some countries outside Eurozone use ‘Euro’ currency mainly while trading.
- The ‘euro’ is also the sole currency of Kosovo and Montenegro.
- The European Central Bank and Eurosystem control the ‘Euro’.
- The Eurosystem plays a major role in the Printing and Distribution of the notes and coins of Euro currency.
- Euro is the second largest reserve and most traded currency in the world after the US Dollar($).
- The circulation of the Euro (banknotes and coins) is the highest in the world with more than €1.2 trillion.
- Over 343 million Europeans use ‘Euro’ as of 2018. And over 240 million people worldwide as of 2018.
- The subunit of ‘Euro’ is cent (1/100) and the style of coins are different in some countries of Eurozone.