Europe consists of 50 countries including transcontinental countries and 6 countries with limited recognition. Some countries located between Europe and Asia, known as Eurasia. Most of the countries are small in Europe because the European continent is small compared to other continents on earth. Many smallest countries in the world including Vatican City, Monaco, San Marin and Liechtenstein are located in Europe. Most of the countries are developed economically and technologically, exporting quality products around the world.
Location: Northern and Eastern Hemisphere.
|Flag||No. #||Country||Area (Km2)|
|8||Bosnia and Herzegovina||51,129|
Countries with Limited Recognition
- Europe covers 10.18 million km2 of land and a population of over 742 million as per the estimate in 2013.
- Russia located in both Asia and Europe Continent. It covered a total of 17,098,242 km2 area. only 3,836,652 of the area is part of Europe while 13,26,1590 km2 part of Asia.
- Kazakhstan, the total area of the country is 2,724,902 km2, only 180,000 km2 located in the European continent and the rest of the land part of Asia.
- Turkey’s most part located in Asia (760,055 km2), only 23,507 km2 part of Europe.
- The limited to no international recognition countries, None of them are members of the UN.
- In the European continent, many countries are economically and technically forward compare to other continents.
- Around 76% of Europeans are Christians which makes it the largest Christianity religion.
- Germany is the Richest Country in Europe by GDP (nominal) with $3.87 trillion.
- Monaco is the richest country in Europe by (GDP-PPP) with $187,650 per Capita.
- The economy of Europe is presently the largest in the world with assets under management of over $32 trillion.
- The continent bordered by the Arctic Ocean to the north, the Mediterranean Sea to the south, and the Atlantic Ocean to the west.
- Russia is the largest by Area and Populous Country while Vatican City is the smallest in terms of population and area.
- Countries in Europe also called European Countries popularly.
- Football is the most popular sports in Europe.