Europe, A landmass consists of many countries with different languages and culture. Although English is a major language, Many different languages found in European countries. Nearly every country has its own languages and English is widely spoken in Europe. Apart from the English language, German, French, and Italian have a higher status compared to other languages. The United Kingdom, Ireland, Netherlands, Sweden, Malta and Denmark are the countries where people with very good knowledge of English.
There are 24 official languages in the European Union (EU).
Official languages outside European Union.
|6||Bosnian||Bosnia and Herzegovina|
- Belgium has three official languages, Dutch, French and German.
- Switzerland has four official languages, German, French, Italian, Romansh.
- Malta has two official languages, they are English and Maltese.
- importantly, over 200 indigenous languages remain and some are endangered.
- Russian, German, French, Italian, and English are the official languages of many European countries.
- On the other hand, English is spreading in Europe as one of the main languages.
- As a second language, over 200 million English speakers in Europe.
- Some 94% of the total population of European are native speakers of an Indo-European language.